Friday, February 18, 2011

Wedding bells and boredom

Today may have been the most boring day of my life. No lie. Work was very uneventful, due to the fact that we couldn't go anywhere (since the kids were sick yesterday). Once I finished up with work, I came home, where C spent the entire night looking at computer specs for the new PC he's buying for work. I left to window shop at Target, and no one even knew I was gone. I was gone for over an hour. :(

On the bright side, I picked up a wedding magazine from Target, and I think I finally figured out what I want to do for centerpieces at our reception. It mentioned using cake stands with cupcakes on them for centerpieces, and that's totally perfect for us. We wanted to do something small, like cupcakes or mini cheesecakes, for our dessert anyway, and this does both. It's a centerpiece AND dessert! I have to refine it a little, and start looking for little cake stands, but I'm loving the idea.

I'm throwing in a photo of my Nook and some new books I got a few weeks ago. It's a nice comparison of the new and old methods of reading. Though my Nook is really convenient, I think I'll always love the smell, feel, and vibe of good old books the most. :)

Enjoy!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment