Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vacation!

I have another massive post to do, due to the fact that we spent the weekend with no computers in Sedona. :) We were really excited for our trip, but our excitement quickly faded as we set out in the rain on Saturday. We drove the entire two hours in pouring rain, and by the time we made it to Sedona, we were both a bit miserable. All plans of hiking and a day trip to the Grand Canyon were gone. I took these in our condo once we finally made it to Sedona.



I haven't had the chance to play with reflections much with this new camera, so these photos were fun. :) After lugging all our stuff into the condo, we headed back out into the storm for dinner. We ate at Olde Sedona Bar and Grill, which was pretty good. The only problems we had were that the menu had far too much variety (it made it difficult to decide what kind of food we wanted to have) and our waitress kind of failed in the dessert department. We ordered a hot slice of pie with ice cream, and the pie came out completely cold! We also didn't get our ice cream until the entire slice of pie was already gone. Other than that, the food was delicious, and provided us with two of our five meals in Sedona. :P

Sunday was spent holed up in our condo with some games and the Food Network. We only ventured out for some vodka and lemonade to bring back to the room, and for a little midnight snack after 4 hours of Food Network. We had a lot of fun playing board games and watching the crazy weather outside. It snowed, rained, hailed, sleeted, and shined throughout the day. It was very bizarre to watch! I snapped this one while a gentle snow was falling.



We left yesterday morning under heavy cloud cover. Luckily, we didn't have to deal with bad weather on the drive home. We made it back in the early afternoon and had lunch together before C had school. I drove him yesterday, since it saves him time, and K and I hung out at Barnes and Noble to pass the hour and fifteen minutes of his class. I've been on a book binge lately, and have been buying lots of new things to try. I got some spending money from my overnight, and have been stretching it as far as it can go. :) I've actually found a lot of really promising stuff!

Once C's class was over, we hung out with K and P for the rest of the evening. That was completely unplanned, as we were only going to stay for an hour or two. We had dinner with P's extended family, and then the guys went to go pick up the dogs from P and K's old house (they just moved to a house five minutes away from us!). K and I watched a super-girly movie, which was wonderful, and then watched some South Park til the boys got back. C and I finally made it home by midnight lol. I snapped this when we got home.



I'll let you figure out what it is. :)

Lots of really fun things happened this weekend, but I think P and K's move is the most exciting one. K has become a really good friend in the time that I've lived here, and now that we live so close, we'll be able to do a lot more together. We've both been missing girls' nights, with makeovers and sappy movies and ice cream. :P We're reinstating them! And we're also going to be working out together, which will be helpful for both of us. I'm so pumped that they live so close now. :D

More later today...

J

No comments:

Post a Comment