Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Updates, updates!

I realized right after I posted yesterday that there are some things I've done but haven't blogged about yet. So...I'm going to blog about them. :P

#14: Read 26 books I've never read, one for each letter of the alphabet. I think I mentioned a few posts back that I've been reading (and loving) the Iron Fey series, which definitely falls into the category of books I've never read. The Iron King, which is the first in the series, will sit in the I position on my book list. The books are about a 16-year-old girl named Meghan. She finds out that her father is actually Oberon, king of the summer fey, and the book follows her journey into the Nevernever to learn more about him. For those of you who aren't fantasy fans, I won't be offended if you don't read it, but I've been on quite a fantasy kick lately and these books really hit the spot. Sometimes it's nice to escape to a world that isn't this one. :)

#30: Buy a Rubik's cube and solve it. I've nearly finished! My photo for today is of my nearly solved Rubik's cube. I've solved the top face and two layers, so I just have the bottom layer and the yellow face to solve. I looked up some tips online, but they were really basic. They told me that I needed to learn how to make a cross and insert corners on my own before I could solve it, so I spent all night last night figuring those two things out. I feel so much smarter! :P

Look at it, in all of it's nearly-finished glory! :D

Those are the only two that I've really made major gains on, so I'll leave you with that for now. Enjoy! :)

J

No comments:

Post a Comment