Friday, October 29, 2010

Meet Seren!

This is Seren, the female lead in the novel I'm writing for NaNo in just two days! C sketched her for me, so it's not an exact representation of the girl I see in my head, but she's pretty darn close.

I can't believe it's finally almost here! I signed up three weeks ago, and now it's nearly time to put my money where my mouth is and crank out a novel in 30 days. To be honest, I'm excited and a little bit nervous. I've been outlining and profiling for weeks, so at this point the story is practically bursting out of me, but it's a little daunting to think that I have this amazing story and only 30 days to tell it. I hope I'll be able to finish it, and at the same time do it justice. It's a very complex world I've woven in my head, and I want to make sure I tell it right, in a way that other people (who don't live in my head) will understand.

I'm a very character-driven writer. I let them speak to me and have a say in where their story goes. I'm hoping that Seren and Silas, the male lead, will be cooperative and tell me their story. :P

Keep watching here for more updates...and maybe an excerpt or two!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment