Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A spark of inspiration

I don't know if I've mentioned this up to this point, but the thing I hate about 365 projects is how monotonous they can become. In the beginning, I was excited about it, and I was taking really great photos. I was going places with my camera and challenging myself. It's gotten to the point now where it seems more like a chore. I'll get caught up in the rush of the day, in doing things with F and A or spending quiet time with C, and just completely forget about photos altogether. Then I'll remember, at 10 o'clock at night, that I haven't photographed that day, and I'll snap some random shot of something just for the sake of taking a photo. It's not creative anymore, it's just something I have to do every day.

Luckily, I found a 365 project that may work for me. It's called Project 64, and it involves photographing colors more than subject matter. Tomorrow, I'm going to head to the store and purchase a box of 64 crayons. I'll choose a crayon a week, and take photos that make use of that particular color. It'll challenge me to see the world through a different lens, give me a direction with my project, and won't necessarily require daily photos. This way, I'll have some wiggle room with my photos, and won't feel so stressed on days that I can't get out and photograph for whatever reason.

I feel so much better about the direction this particular list item has taken. Goodbye old 365 project, hello Project 64! :)

J

No comments:

Post a Comment