Friday, March 11, 2011

Books, books, books!

So I've been on a bit of a reading spree lately. I breezed my way through the Need series by Carrie Jones, devoured the Hush Hush saga by Becca Fitzpatrick, and giggled through Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. I'm currently reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, which is proving to be just as wonderful as my other recent reads.

I cannot begin to explain how awesome teen fiction is. It's got romance, but not sex scenes every other page, and the morals are so much stronger. Teens have a lot to figure out, and I feel like the lessons in teen novels speak so much louder to me than adult ones do. Apparently I still have a lot of things to figure out too. :P Honestly though, I was starting to get discouraged by all the books that were just copying each other in recent years. It's nice to know there are still fresh ideas out there! I recommend any of the titles I just listed, by the way. Go do some reading!

Today was a very successful day at work. We had to stay home because the housekeeper came today, but we played outside for an hour and soaked up some sunshine. A didn't really sleep well today, and she had a pretty bad meltdown before she went down for her nap, but she woke up in such a good mood that she made up for it. :)

Tonight, we're heading to the Cheesecake Factory for C's birthday extravaganza. I'm looking forward to pasta carbonara and cheesecake, along with some really wonderful company! :D Enjoy my photos from the last couple of days!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment