Friday, April 8, 2011

Where have I been?

Goodness, has it really been nearly two weeks since my last post? Not that I'm so sure tons of people read this thing, but I'm sure my one or two devoted readers have been wondering what happened. After all, the last time I posted, I had this great new photo project that I was really looking forward to, and now there's been nothing. For ages.

The long and short of it is this: That project is on hold, because I've found something different. I feel like I have the attention span of a small child sometimes. I jump from project to project and have a hard time finishing things. But let me explain! We've had a few busy weekends, what with car troubles and taxes and friends with babies and new board games to try. I've been taking photographs off and on, but nothing that applies to my project. And in the midst of all that, this burning need to write took over.

I've had this story sitting on my computer for five years now. I recently unearthed it, and while the idea is solild and I still believe in the plot, it is painfully (and I mean PAINFULLY) obvious that an 18-year-old wrote it. So, I've decided to revamp it, change some things around, look at it with fresh eyes, give it a new lease on life, however you want to describe it. Basically, I'm going to fix it and make it the best thing I've written thus far, because I know I can.

C's been helping me with character development, and has even drawn character sketches for me! I'll post them later. :) I'm working on fleshing them out, as well as really developing my setting and researching some cultural elements. I'm pretty confident that I'll have most of my development done this weekend and be ready to move onto outlining and writing next week (fingers crossed). I've been getting a lot of advice and inspiration from some newly-discovered authors that I love (and also wish I knew personally just so they could be my friends...they're all amazing!), and I feel like I'm ready to take this journey and see where I end up.

I promise I'll be better about blogging! I really don't know what happened before, but I won't do it again!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment