Sunday, April 10, 2011

New things to entertain myself with

Well, Sunday is winding down now, and I can honestly say that I've been pretty productive this weekend. Yesterday, C and I spent most of our time in our creative zone. He's currently working on a painting of one of my characters, and I'm currently working on the novel said character lives in. I spent the majority of yesterday outlining in my notebook. I did backstories on all my characters, developed my villain (and learned where her intense rage/jealousy comes from), and worked out the general story arc.

After Creative Time was over, we went out to dinner with some friends of ours. It was the second time eating out yesterday, since we went to Cheesecake Factory for his dad's birthday lunch earlier in the day. We're fatties. We know this. We had grand plans to bring everyone back to our house after dinner and play Thunderstone (an epic deck-building game which I kicked severe tail at), but sadly, Baby O wasn't feeling well and we lost half our group because they had to go home and tend to her fever.

Today, we returned to our Creative Cave (also known as the loft above the living room where all our electronic equipment is located) to do more work on our projects. I researched medieval weapons for the different characters in my story and found landscape reference photos for those times when having a visual is way more helpful than plucking stuff from thin air. C painted. We're still here, 6 or 7 hours later (I honestly can't remember how long we've been up here).

I've been getting a little sidetracked in the last few hours though. I started a new blog for my writing progress, which you can check out at concretepiecesofsoul.blogspot.com if you feel so inclined. It only has one post so far, but that will all change. I've also been reading the archived posts of Kiersten White's blog, which is amazingly funny. I recently read Paranormalcy, which I may have talked about in a previous post because it fills the P spot on my alphabet-of-books list. Now I've become her latest internet stalker, because I'm finding that she has a lot of really great advice for aspiring writers. She inspires me to be better at what I do (and also to wish that I were as hilarious as she is).

Anyway, I really should get back to working on my story. Or reading more of Kiersten's posts. Whichever one calls to me first. :P

J

No comments:

Post a Comment